|BCBA (0.5 FTE)
Chelmsford Public Schools
Chelmsford Public Schools - Announcement of Vacancy for the 2022-2023 School Year
The Chelmsford Public Schools is now accepting applications for the following vacancy. The District reserves the right to change this vacancy or not fill this vacancy based on further staffing changes, enrollment, or budget.
,b>Location: Center Elementary School
- Develop/assist with individual behavior management programs for students in the classroom and/or inclusive setting
- Direct staff training and development of staff in program using principles of ABA
- Facilitate Team consultation meetings with classroom teachers/related service providers/paraprofessionals
- Conduct Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs), Classroom Needs Assessments and Home Assessments as needed and write
- Review Behavior Intervention Plans and programming with new employees
- Engage in social-behavioral elements of annual IEP process (attend Team mtgs., assist with the update of current performance ta,
development of goals/benchmarks, progress reports, etc.).
- Consult with team members re: IEPs, behavior plans, curriculum modifications, accommodations and social challenges
- Conduct on-going staff training as needed for program implementation, data recording
- Assist in the development and oversee behavior plans for in classroom implementation
- Assess progress of effectiveness of behavior plans and curriculum modifications
- Assist with communication between home and school
- Work effectively with team members, professional and community contacts, school staff and parents
- Provide program/individual staff consultation on therapeutic staff design/implementation of Behavior Intervention Plans
- Participate in training to be trained in a crisis management program or be willing to be trained in crisis management (CPI)
- Consult and assist inclusion teachers in meeting behavioral needs of students in the general education setting
- Respond to behavioral crises as need arises
- Manage behavioral crisis situations: modeling interventions, staff training, crisis plan and behavior support plan development.
Follow up with team following crisis
Position Type: Part-time
Equal Opportunity EmployerChelmsford Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.
Board Certification for BCBA required
3-5 years or more experience working with student with behaviors with a emotional profile
- Oversee program and individualized student data collection
- Conduct independent evaluations of specific programs/placements.-
- Flexibility to meet identified student needs
- Stabilize student behavior; Be involved with ongoing treatment.
- Based on IEP goals, formulate & implement Behavioral Intervention plans, oversee the evaluation of these plans, provide feedback
to ensure consistency.
- Experience and training in de-escalation/physical intervention strategies
- Consult and collaborate with staff in gathering and giving information on a case, and in establishing and planning for respective
roles in the modification of student's behavior
Dianna Fulreader, Principal
84 Billerica Road
Chelmsford, Massachusetts 01824
|Learn more online at http://www.SchoolSpring.com/job?3989913|