|1.0 FTE TEACHING ASSISTANT - GRADES K-5, THERAPEUTIC LEARNING CENTER - CUTLER ELEMENTARY
Cutler Elementary School
Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District
Hamilton Wenham Regional School District is looking for a highly motivated, student-centered Teaching Assistant for the Buker School. Overall, we are seeking a candidate who is flexible, comfortable working in a team setting, and interested in using technology to enhance student learning. The candidate will perform duties that are instructional in nature or deliver direct services to students or parents and serve in a position for which a teacher or another professional has ultimate responsibility for the design and implementation of educational programs and services. Students in our therapeutic learning center are mainstreamed into the classroom and need additional support for emotional or behavioral regulations.
• Works with the teacher in planning and implementing a program of instruction that adheres to the school’s philosophy, goals, and objectives as outlined in the adopted charter.
• Works with the teacher in creating a classroom environment conducive to learning by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
• Keeps current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory and is willing to share this knowledge for continual improvement of the school's curriculum.
• Assists in the ongoing curriculum revision process.
• Works with the teacher in developing, in accordance with school guidelines, reasonable rules of classroom behavior, and appropriate techniques that are consistently applied.
• Works with the teacher in taking necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
• Shares responsibility during the school day for the supervision of students in all areas of the school.
• Works with the teacher in providing for the supervision of assigned students when circumstances require a brief absence from the assignment.
• Upholds and enforces board policy, administrative procedures, and school rules and regulations, and is supportive of them to the public.
• Maintains appropriate work habits, including regular and punctual attendance and appropriate use of conference and planning time.
• Strives to communicate the positive aspects of our school program to the public in word and deed.
• Works cooperatively with parents to strengthen the educational program for their children.
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with other staff members.
• Continues professional growth through attendance at workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced coursework at institutions of higher learning.
• Cooperates with the administration in planning appropriate in-service training programs at the school.
• Attends staff and committee meetings as required.
• Works with the teacher in evaluating accomplishments of students on a regular basis using multiple assessment methods such as kid-watching notes, as teacher and student made rubrics, samples of students' work, mastery skills checklists, criterion-referenced tests, and norm-referenced tests.
• Works with the teacher in making appropriate adjustments in the instructional program as required.
• Respects the confidentiality of records and information regarding students, parents, and teachers in accordance with accepted professional ethics, and state and federal laws.
Position Type: Full-time
Equal Opportunity EmployerHamilton-Wenham Regional School District does not discriminate in its programs, activities or employment practices based on race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelors Degree required
• At least 2 years of relevant experience preferred
• Committed to working with a student-centered, team-based model
• Ability to lift and position up to 50 pounds required
• Ability to actively participate in classroom activities that may require bending, lifting, and floor time required
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Flexibility, creativity, and adaptability
• Communication Proficiency
• Decision Making
• Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
• Stress Management/Composure
• Learning Orientation
• Time Management
Mary Cadle, School Administrative Assistant
237 Asbury Street
Hamilton, Massachusetts 01982
|Learn more online at http://www.SchoolSpring.com/job?3799333|