|EARLY COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOL @ HCC|
Welcome to Early College High School @ HCC!
| - Mission Statement
The goals of the Early College High School experience is to make college more accessible by helping students move through and beyond the MCAS exam, by exploring potential careers through, and by examining our personal histories to create a successful future.
- Vision Statement
Early College High School Methodology
ECHS aims to make college more accessible by helping students move through and beyond the MCAS exam and by exploring potential careers through internships.
To accomplish this, we will:
• Have a high level of academic engagement that encourages student initiative
• Have a curriculum using high standards and allows for individualized/differentiated instruction and assessment
• Create opportunities for students to explore their talents and interests beyond the classroom
• Raise consciousness about issues of social justice
• Build a community through upholding consistent standards, expectations and routines and creating caring relationships that provide for safety and risk taking
To do our best as educators, we believe:
• All students can access post secondary education
• When teachers believe students can achieve, they will
• Student’s success and challenges are theirs and we are here to open up opportunity
• People do the best they can with the resources they have
• Every student has the capacity to succeed
• It's not what is taught that matters, only what is learned.
• There is no failure, only feedback and no obstacles, only challenges