Lawrence Public Schools
- Job ID: 80751
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
February 5, 2016
- Starting Date:
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
Position Title: Speech-Language Pathology Assistant
Location/Dept: Special Learning Services
Qualifications: 1. BA in Speech-Language Pathology or Communication Disorders from an accredited college or university.
2. Valid Massachusetts Department of Education license as a Speech-Language Assistant granted by the Massachusetts Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology.
3. Proficient in English
4. Bilingual Preferred
Reports To: Coordinator of Special Learning Services and Principal of assigned schools
Job Goal: To provide speech and language therapy services and appropriate intervention services to eligible students under the direction of a licensed Supervising Speech and Language Therapist. To maintain speech and language special education records and documentation as directed by licensed Supervising Therapist.
Performance Responsibilities: 1. Conducts speech-language screenings (without interpretation) following screening protocols developed by the supervising Speech-Language Therapist.
2. Provide direct treatment assistance in the areas of articulation, language, voice and fluency practices to student identified by the supervising Speech-Language Therapist.
3. Follow documented treatment plans or protocols developed by the supervising Speech-Language Therapist.
4. Document student progress toward meeting established objectives as stated in the treatment plan, report this information to the supervising Speech-Language Therapist.
5. Assist the Speech-Language Therapist during assessments of students who are difficult to test.
6. Assist the informal documentation (i.e : tallying notes for Speech-Language Therapist to use), prepare materials and complete other clerical duties, i.e. muni forms, as directed by supervising Speech-Language Therapist.
7. Participate in determining student progress and readiness for termination of therapy services.
8. Collaborate with classroom teachers to plan and implement classroom based activities to improve oral and written language skills of students under the direction of the licensed supervising Speech-Language Therapist.
9. Attend regularly scheduled speech therapy meetings.
10. Present a positive role model for students and support the mission of the school district.
11. Maintain a positive and effective relationship with supervising Speech-Language Therapist.
12. Effectively communicate with colleagues, students and parents regarding the accomplishment of therapy goals and needs of the student under the direction of the licensed supervisor.
13. Assist in the selection of materials, equipment, and other instructional material.
14. Perform checks and maintenance of equipment.
15. Create an environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of students.
16. Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical and responsible.
17. Participate with Speech-Language Therapists' in in-service training.
Instructional Support > Speech/Language Assistant
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Special Education > Speech/Language Assistant
Student Services > Speech/Language Assistant
Welcome to Lawrence Public Schools!
The Lawrence Public Schools will ensure that ALL students will successfully master the content and skills necessary to graduate from high school, college and/or career ready, by providing a standards-based, rigorous instructional program focused on academic achievement and the development of 21st century skills accompanied by a comprehensive system of supports, all of which are monitored and assessed regularly to ensure accountability to all stakeholders.
Learn more about us...
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lawrence Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required