VOCAL MUSIC TEACHER PREK-12
Secondary Staffing Team (learn more)
Baltimore County Public Schools
- Job ID: 44952
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
October 11, 2013
- Starting Date:
August 18, 2014
THIS JOB POSTING IS PENDING APPROVAL
Under the direction of the school principal, plans and provides for appropriate learning experiences for students. Instructs and supervises students in a variety of school-related settings. Monitors and evaluates student outcomes. Performs other duties as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Meets and instructs assigned classes at designated locations and times. Maintains a safe and orderly learning environment.
Plans and implements instructional programs that adhere to system wide goals and priorities and meet the needs, interests, and abilities of students.
Prepares and documents appropriate lesson plans, based upon adopted curricula, to teach instructional objectives.
Creates an instructional environment that is conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of students.
Communicates standards, achievements, and deficiencies to students and parents. Meets with students and parents.
Maintains complete and accurate student academic, attendance, and disciplinary records. Monitors and assesses students’ academic progress.
Oversees the appropriate use and care of textbooks, instructional materials, facilities, and equipment.
Collaborates with school administrators, other teachers, paraeducators, parents, and community members in the education of students.
Attends staff meetings. Serves on various committees.
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Classroom Teacher > Music: Chorus
Equal Opportunity Employer
This Notice is being posted pursuant to an agreement between Baltimore County Public Schools and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended by the American with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008 (ADA), it shall be unlawful for an employer to discriminate against any employee or job applicant with respect to hiring, promotion, firing, compensation, or any other term, condition, or privilege of employment because the individual has a disability, has a history of a disability, or is believe to be disabled.
The ADA also requires an employer to provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability, unless doing so would cause significant difficulty or expense for the employer.
Baltimore County Public Schools supports and will comply with the ADA in all respects and will not retaliate in any manner against employees or job applicants because they have exercised their rights under the law.
Baltimore County Public Schools has an equal employment opportunity policy and ensures that all supervisory employees and other employees abide by the requirements of that policy.
Any Alleged violations of the ADA (within 300 days of the date of the discriminatory act) may be reported to:
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Baltimore Field Office
10 S. Howard Street, 3rd Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201
TTY (800) 669-6820
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education, Training, and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in an applicable field.
Licenses and Certificates:
Possession of, or eligibility for, a Maryland Certificate commensurate to the position is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of the principles and practices of pedagogy. Knowledge of curriculum. Knowledge of effective instructional techniques. Knowledge of instructional materials and equipment.
Skill in instructing students. Skill in preparing and implementing lesson plans. Skill in communicating with students, their parents, administrators, and others. Technology competency. Knowledge of and skill in the use of database, internet, spreadsheet, word processing, and related applications.
Ability to properly maintain confidential information.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
The work of this class is generally performed in a school environment. Work may require the ability to move around the school and classroom.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Requires attendance at after-school and evening meetings and events.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Eligible for membership in the Maryland State Retirement Agency.
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
Please read and carefully follow the instructions provided below.
- Applicants are required to have a completed SchoolSpring application on file for employment with the Baltimore County Public Schools, and a separate completed SchoolSpring application must be submitted for each position and location in which you are interested.
- Professional references must be submitted to complete your application. Examples of professional references include current and former principals, supervisors, managers, mentor teachers and university/college supervisors.. Personal references from colleagues, friends, community members, etc will not be accepted.
- Be sure to account for all periods of employment and unemployment, including student teaching and internship experience, and include names, addresses, and telephone numbers of employers.
- Be sure to answer all criminal background questions. If you answer "yes" to any of the criminal background questions you must provide a written explanation. A criminal offense does not necessarily exclude an applicant from employment with BCPS. Factors such as passage of time since the offense, the nature of the violation, and the extent of rehabilitation will be taken into consideration.
IN ADDITION TO COMPLETING the SchoolSpring application, before you can be considered for employment, you MUST
have the following items attached to your SchoolSpring application:
- A photocopy of your TEACHER CERTIFICATION.
- A photocopy of your PRAXIS or other state test scores.
- A photocopy of your MARYLAND IN-SERVICE COURSE SLIPS. (if applicable)
- All persons employed by the Baltimore County Public Schools, regular and temporary, are required to be fingerprinted and have a criminal background investigation (State of Maryland, Senate Bill 315, effective October 1, 1986) completed. The fee charged for fingerprinting is $72.25 An identification card will be issued which must be shown prior to employment.
- Anyone offered employment is required to provide proper identification and documentation of eligibility for employment in the US.
- If you have military experience you will be asked to provide a copy of DD214.
- Some positions will require employees to undergo a physical examination and/or drug testing.
- All newly hired personnel must attend a New Hire Orientation session.
- Additional job verification will be required for salary credit.
A requirement for your application is to include a 15 minute videotaped lesson from your current teaching job or student teaching.
To activate the video feature, please go here: https://schoolspring.com/account/video.cfm. Once you activate this feature for your account, the video option will appear in your profile. You can now apply for any position requiring videos at Baltimore County Public Schools.
You may choose any of the following methods to provide this videotaped lesson to BCPS:
1. Any online system (such as YouTube) and include the link to your videotaped lesson in the Additional Information section of your application/resume in SchoolSpring.
2. A lesson from an electronic portfolio and include the link to your online portfolio, as well as specific details on which video you would like BCPS to view, in the Additional Information section of your application/resume in SchoolSpring.
3. Using SchoolSpring’s video feature (Long Lesson) found in your SchoolSpring account
This employer has requested that all applicants answer the following questions. It is highly recommended that you type any essays in a word processing program, save them, and then paste them on the proceeding job application page.
Are you able to perform the essential functions of the position with/without accommodations?
Please indicate your applicant status:
Multiple Choice / Single Answer
- New applicant
- Former applicant (within the last 12 months)
- Former BCPS employee
- Current BCPS employee
Please indicate your preference:
Multiple Choice / Single Answer
- Either Part-Time or Full-Time
Are you currently under contract with another school system or district? If "yes," please indicate with whom, and the date you will be available for employment.
Are you interested in being a long-term substitute?
Have you ever been interviewed by a BCPS representative? If "yes," please indicate where and when?
Do you have any military experience? If "yes," please list your active duty dates, branch of service, type of separation, and duties performed.
Have you taken, or have you scheduled to take, the Praxis I, SAT, ACT, or GRE? If "yes," please list the specific test and the date you passed the test. If "scheduled," please list the date you expect to take the test.
Multiple Choice / Single Answer
Have you taken the Praxis II (Content)? If "yes," please list subject (test code, if available) and date:
Have you taken the Praxis II (Pedagogy)? If "yes," please list subject (test code, if available) and date:
Have you taken the Praxis II (Additional)? If "yes," please list subject (test code, if available) and date:
Have you taken any other educational tests? If "yes," please list name of test(s) and date(s):
Do you hold a State Teacher Certificate in another state? If so, please list state(s)
Do you hold any other Professional License? If "yes," please list type of license and expiration date: