School Bus Driver
Safely and efficiently transport students and authorized personnel in school buses.
Must be at least 21 years of age
Must authorize a motor vehicle report and criminal record check
Must complete and pass a physical examination
Submit to and pass a drug/alcohol screening
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid Georgia driver’s license and safe driving record
- Must hold a valid commercial driver’s license (applicable for vehicles with a GVWR of more than
26,000 pounds with air brakes, passenger and school bus endorsements) at the time of hire. Initial school bus driver training is provided.
- Must have a minimum of five years of driving experience
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Operate vehicle in accordance with the Laws of the State of Georgia and Newton County.
2. Successfully complete any school bus driver-training required.
3. Stay informed of emergency evacuation procedures and conduct emergency evacuation drills.
4. Attend all safety meetings as required.
5. Complete pre and post trip vehicle inspections as required.
6. Promote positive public relations.
7. Maintain student discipline.
8. Follow all route maps and directions as provided by the Transportation Department.
9. Communicate and work cooperatively with all system personnel.
10. Perform other duties as requested.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
1. Ability to work as part of a team
2. Effective communication skills
3. Neat and professional appearance
4. Professional and positive attitude and demeanor
Click to View Salary Schedule: Bus Drivers & Monitors Schedule
Newton County School System is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?3955546|