Bryant School District
School Nurse - RN
Department: Elementary, Middle School, Junior High, or High School
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: District Nurse Supervisor
Amount of Travel Required: Varies
Job Type: Regular
Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: 185-day contract. Hours are typically 7:30-4:00 daily with a 30-minute lunch and two 15-minute breaks. However, the daily schedule may vary depending on the needs of the district.
Assess student health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled students. May advise students or staff members on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management. Licensing or registration required.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Set up the Nurse's Office, prepare equipment and supplies and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
• Provide basic student care or treatments, such as taking temperatures or blood pressures, dressing wounds, or performing catheterizations.
• Apply compresses, ice bags, or hot water bottles.
• Administer prescribed medications, including the operation of medication delivery systems, noting times and amounts on students' records.
• Record students' medical information and vital signs.
• Observe students, charting and reporting changes in their conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
• Assemble and use equipment, such as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, or oxygen suppliers.
• Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
• Inventory and requisition supplies and instruments.
• Comply with Arkansas state laws and Arkansas State Health Department regulations on student immunizations and communicable disease control. Collect and prepare data for state mandated screenings and use the assembled information to assist students in securing attention or treatment.
• Assist schools in the development of procedures for caring for illness and injury at school. Respond to emergency needs of students and staff members as required.
• Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate student care plans.
• Refer students to specialized health resources or community agencies furnishing assistance when required.
• Report to the proper authorities any cases of suspected child endangerment, neglect, or abuse.
• Report suspected bullying to building principal or designee as required by Arkansas law and district policies.
• Adhere to all policies of the District.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the District Nurse Supervisor or Building Administrators.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of parent, student, and patron needs while following district procedures.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
• Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
• Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
• Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
• Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Regular attendance - Exhibiting regular attendance in order to perform duties in a satisfactory manner.
• Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
• Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Nursing
Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Nursing
Experience: Previous experience as a school nurse preferred but not required for the position.
Computer Skills: Shall be able to demonstrate an acceptable level of proficiency with computers and programs associated with the position.
Certifications & Licenses: Must have current Arkansas Registered Nurse (RN) license.
1. Successful completion of pre-employment background checks.
2. Appropriate personal and professional conduct at all times around students, staff, and the general public.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Manually Manipulate C
Reach Outward F
Reach Above Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
10 lbs or less F
11-20 lbs F
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs O
Over 100 lbs O
12 lbs or less F
13-25 lbs O
26-40 lbs O
41-100 lbs O
Other Physical Requirements
• Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
• Sense of Sound - Ability to carry on normal conversations and communicate over the telephone.
Most job responsibilities for this position are performed in an indoor school environment that is temperature controlled (heated and cooled) according to the season. Noise levels are mostly low to moderate.
The Human Resources Department has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Bryant School District reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the District may deem appropriate.
It is the policy of the Bryant School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices.
Bryant School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?3891383|