The teacher will implement into daily student instruction appropriate educational curriculum. The teacher will create and maintain an educational atmosphere that encourages effective student learning and supports school and CASLV programs and goals. This person will be expected to adhere to the CASLV Professional Standards for Licensed Employees and report directly to the school site administrator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
1. Administer appropriate CASLV curriculum which is aligned with the Nevada State Standards.
2. Ensure the opportunity for all students to learn in a supportive environment.
3. Create and maintain a positive, orderly, and academically focused learning condition in the instructional environment.
4. Develop and implement the Components of an Effective Lesson for instruction.
5. Analyze student progress and provide appropriate instruction.
6. Provide a classroom management/discipline plan ensuring safety at all times.
7. Ensure assessment regulations and guidelines are followed at all times.
8. Develop a classroom climate that promotes positive learning conditions.
9. Work professionally with administration, staff, parents, and community.
10. Integrate technology into the instructional program.
11. Participate in other job-related duties and activities related to the position as assigned.
1. Demonstrate knowledge, skill, and ability to provide instruction in an elementary classroom.
2. Work cooperatively with students, parents, peers, administration, and community members.
3. Guide the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals.
4. Establish and communicate clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects.
5. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with instructional objectives, in order to meet the needs of all students.
6. Participate as an active member with other faculty and staff.
7. Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and CASLV policy.
8. Maintain and improve professional competence.
9. Communicate effectively both written and orally.
10. Perform other job-related duties as assigned by principal.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Must possess or be able to acquire a Nevada teaching license issued by the Nevada Department of Education. Certified in relevant subject area. When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy announcement.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?3808407|