This posting creates a pool of candidates for future positions that may become available.
Curriculum and Instruction
Reports To (title only)
Current as of
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
AACPS Triple E initiative embraces an engaging and meaningful instructional platform. Through Project-Based Learning (PBL), the teachers provide transdisciplinary lessons that are authentic. Teachers become facilitators of learning as student choice is recognized in teaching and learning that actively explores real-world problems and challenges. Instructional practices are rigorous, relevant, and motivating.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Provides PBL instruction
2. Includes transdisciplinary connections in instructional design
3. Utilizes integrated technology/web-based resources to excite and extend learning
4. Attends and actively participates in system-based professional development to stay current with trends, STEM research and methodology in instructional techniques, technology, multicultural content, technology, problem solving, transdisciplinary learning/interdisciplinary connections, and student-led educational platforms.
5. Collection and analysis of data to inform program evaluation
6. Maintains good public relations with grade level colleagues/community partners
7. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
· Three (3) years of successful classroom teaching experience or experience in a related field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Knowledge of school organization, goals and objectives with special emphasis on teacher techniques.
· Demonstrated leadership qualities as a member of a school staff/office.
· Ability to employ a variety of teaching styles to respond to the needs of diverse learners.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form with professional colleagues, staff, students and parents.
· Knowledgeable about specific content area.
· Technology Savvy; including understanding the functionality of google-based products/
· Ability to employ business technology tools (e.g. E-mail, AACPS Intranet, electronic benefits enrollment tools, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.)
· Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with diverse populations.
· Teacher certification in identified language field/general education as established by the Maryland State Department of Education or certification in a related educational field
Career Ladder Requirements
· As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?3727875|