Position and pay rate starting August 2022
POSITION TITLE: Paraprofessional, Special Education Behavioral Skills Program
• An Associate's degree, OR completion of 48 semester hours or 72 quarter hours at an institution of higher learning, OR demonstrated proficiency in the ability to assist in the instruction of reading, writing and mathematics via state or locally approved competency test.
• Background or experience in working with behaviorally disordered students helpful
• Regular work attendance is essential
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Reports to: Building Principal
Work Schedule: 183 days
Hours to Work: 7.0 hours per day, Monday - Friday
• Ability to work with students on a one-to-one basis or in small group situations.
• Willingness to learn approved de-escalation and physical intervention techniques.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, and be able to adapt to the physical demands of this position.
• Ability to perform approved de-escalation and physical intervention techniques as directed by teacher.
• Ability to work as a team member.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Follow written and oral directions to carry out educational programs of students.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?3434225|