To act as the Secretary and Communication Liaison to the School Committee. This includes developing, posting and distributing meeting agendas and materials in consultation with Superintendent and School Committee Chair; prepares reports for the meetings, takes minutes at all School Committee and sub-committee meetings, and assists the Committee in all administrative aspects of their duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Creates various permanent records, primarily, but not limited to, meeting minutes of all public meetings and executive sessions of the School Committee and, as requested, meetings of sub-committees. The Secretary must be available to attend all School Committee meetings to their full completion and maintain a reasonable level of flexibility to attend meetings based on the needs of the Committee and/or Superintendent.
2. Helps to prepare, formulate, gather and present School Committee meeting agendas and each meeting’s packet of informational materials, including updating items needing to be addressed from previous meetings, in collaboration with the Superintendent and Chair of the School Committee.
3. Maintains the official minutes and website postings of the School Committee meetings and has the responsibility to handle all official committee records, including updates to the School Committee meeting schedule and member roster.
4. Maintains the School Committee portion of the District website, posting meetings and distributing agendas, packets, minutes, member contact information.
5. Prepares and presents for approval the minutes of each School Committee meeting; in consultation with Superintendent and School Committee Chair prepares and distributes to each member of the Committee, the Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, Business Administrator, Program Directors, Principals and Association President a copy of the agenda and packets of information for future meetings.
6. Prepares all correspondence to/from the Committee as directed by the School Committee Chair and Superintendent.
7. Releases approved information concerning Committee business to the press and social media, at the direction of the Chair of the School Committee and/or the Superintendent.
8. Working with the school business office, orders and maintains supplies as needed for the School Committee.
9. Notifies Committee of upcoming MASC meetings and conferences, as well as other professional development opportunities, and assists members in the registration process.
10. Maintains a high level of confidentiality for all work performed and for all meetings attended.
11. Other than during meetings themselves, and meeting prep-work that may be done at a school office location, other work is expected to be performed at the Secretary’s home or other location of his/her choice.
12. Performs other general related tasks as may be assigned by the School Committee Chair or Superintendent in a timely manner.
Typical Annual Schedule:
1. The School Committee typically meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month at 7:30pm.
2. Executive Sessions are called as needed and tend to occur on the same night as School Committee public meetings.
3. There are generally two to three sub-committee meetings per month, with days and hours varied as driven by member schedules and the needs of the full Committee.
1. The Secretary to the School Committee will be a part time employee of the Wakefield Public Schools, and subject to eligibility, have the same rights and obligations of other employees of the Wakefield Public Schools and the Town of Wakefield.
2. The Secretary shall be compensated $225 per regular or special meeting of the full School Committee, including all above related duties.
3. The Secretary shall be compensated $125 per regular or special meeting of any official sub-committee, including all above related duties.
4. The Secretary shall be compensated $50 per hour for any Executive Session of the full School Committee or any official sub-committee, including all above related duties. There shall be a one-hour minimum commitment for payment.
Application Procedure & Timetable:
Interested candidates shall submit their application materials by March 16, 2020 to:
Wakefield Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?3239456|