Bryant School District
Food Service Worker
Department: Food Service
Job Status: Part Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Food Service Manager
Amount of Travel Required: Varies
Job Type: Regular
Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: 180-day contract. Daily hours may vary and are based on individual contracts and the needs of each school.
Food service workers are responsible, under the direction of the Cafeteria Manager, for the daily operation of cafeterias in schools throughout the district. They are responsible for preparing large quantities of food for students and staff and maintaining the safety and cleanliness of cafeteria and kitchen facilities in accordance with state health regulations.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Clean, cut, and cook meat, fish, or poultry.
• Cook food according to menus, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, or numbers of portions to be served.
• Clean and inspect kitchen equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
• Apportion and serve food to students according to USDA and state guidelines.
• Wash pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other cooking equipment.
• Bake breads, rolls, and other pastries.
• Monitor use of government food commodities to ensure that proper procedures are followed.
• Prepare meals that are varied, nutritionally balanced, and appetizing, taking advantage of foods in season and local availability.
• Assist in clean-up duties.
• Attend inservice training for food service employees.
• Adhere to all policies of the District.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Cafeteria Manager or Food Service Director.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
• Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
• Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
• Loyal - The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
• Punctuality - Ability to report to work on time on a day-to-day basis.
• Regular attendance - Exhibiting regular attendance in order to perform duties in a satisfactory manner.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Experience: Experience as a cook in a cafeteria-type setting preferred.
Computer Skills: Shall be able to demonstrate an acceptable level of proficiency with computers and programs associated with the position.
1. Successful completion of pre-employment background checks.
2. Appropriate personal and professional conduct at all times around students and other staff members.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Manually Manipulate C
Reach Outward C
Reach Above Shoulder F
Squat or Kneel O
10 lbs or less C
11-20 lbs C
21-50 lbs F
51-100 lbs O
Over 100 lbs N
12 lbs or less C
13-25 lbs F
26-40 lbs O
41-100 lbs O
Other Physical Requirements
• Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
• Sense of Sound - Ability to carry on normal conversation.
• Sense of Smell
• Sense of Taste
• Sense of Touch
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Aprons, gloves, or other protective equipment as required for the job assignment.
• Sense of Balance
Most work is performed in kitchen areas. Noise ranges from low to moderately high depending on whether meals are being served or not. Personnel may experience higher than normal working temperatures while in proximity to stoves, dishwashers, and other kitchen equipment.
The Human Resources Department has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Bryant School District reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the District may deem appropriate.
It is the policy of the Bryant School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices.
Bryant School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2902517|