Temp-Manager-Café Maryland Hall
Reports To (title only)
Current as of
Manager, Internship and Business Programs
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
Supervises, manages and participates in the operation of the Café at Maryland Hall this includes providing food/beverages to the general customers at Maryland Hall. Work involves overall responsibility for supervision of students, food preparation/meal service, ordering supplies, cleaning kitchen, and maintaining required sanitation standards. Directly communicates with the Center of Applied Technology South on student progress and provides instruction/work assignments to high school students and interns. Employee(s) must be capable of performing any and all of the listed duties independently.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Manages high school students and interns by preparing work schedules, assigning work, and directing appropriate behaviors.
2. Directly communicates with the Center of Applied Technology South on student progress and provides instruction/feedback to high school students and interns.
3. Adheres to all U.S.D.A. guidelines.
4. Maintains optimum standards of food quality through effective supervision of the Café operations.
5. Participates in the preparation, cooking and serving of food. Assures that all established standards and procedures are followed prior to the transport of food and supplies from Center of Applied Technology South to the Café at Maryland Hall.
6. Orders appropriate quantities of food and supplies. Assures authorized use and proper storage of products.
7. Maintains inventories of food, supplies, and equipment.
8. Manages and participates in approved cleaning and safety practices to ensure that sanitary and safe conditions are maintained. Adheres to sanitation standards as outlined in COMAR, ServSafe and HACCP.
9. Reconciles money and register receipts received from sales. Maintains necessary records and conducts banking according to procedures.
10. Monitors and maintains food quality standards including temperature, appearance, and taste from point of delivery through point of service.
11. Implements security measures to prevent vandalism and theft.
12. Checks food supplies and equipment deliveries for quantity and compliance with specifications.
13. Verifies and maintains records of hours worked by students and interns.
14. Initiates requests for equipment repairs.
15. Provides supervision of kitchen for approved special events.
16. Provides supervision of high school students and interns.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· High School Diploma or Equivalency Certificate.
· Twelve (12) months of food service experience as a Manager or any equivalent combination of education and work in a food services operation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Demonstrates sound decision making and problem-solving techniques.
· Ability to maintain harmonious relations with students, school staff, vendors and volunteers.
· Considerable knowledge of quality food preparation, sanitation and safety regulations, methods and procedures of school food service operation.
· Skill in the care, maintenance, sanitation and operation of equipment.
· Ability to complete all job responsibilities despite frequent interruptions and without close supervision.
· Ability to delegate and to motivate personnel.
· Ability to accept changes in responsibilities and incorporate new goals into the restaurant operation.
· Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
· Demonstrates the ability to effectively work and provide excellent oral and written communication with diverse populations.
· Possess a current ServSafe Manger Certification.
· Possess a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license and have daily access to a vehicle.
Career Ladder Requirements
· Nature of work involves performing tasks requiring continuous standing, sustained walking, stooping, pushing, carrying, bending, and lifting, some exposure to chemical solutions/solvents, minor injury hazards and periods of temperature extremes.
· Ability to perform work requiring sustained physical effort, lifting of objects up to 50 lbs. independently and continuous standing.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2902165|