This position will work 35 hours per week. It can start ASAP is expected to last through mid-September.
Temporary Recruiter Support-Human Capital Management
Reports To (title only)
Current as of
Senior Manager-Human Capital Management
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
Independently performs Human Resources related duties at the professional level. May carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: recruiting, applicant screening, training, employment, and workforce diversity and may carry out responsibilities in other areas within the division. Responsible for assisting with programs, initiatives, events, and training in support of AACPS’s goals and strategic plan. Performs general secretarial and clerical office tasks. Work is performed under general supervision and employees are expected to exercise initiative and judgment in the timely execution of assignments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Assists with recruitment outreach to prospective applicants, assisting their successful navigation through the hiring process. Uploads documents
2. Screens candidates using online applicant tracking system. Interviews applicants to match experience with specific job requirements. Determines applicant’s readiness for hire. Performs necessary hiring tasks for selected candidates.
3. Checks applicant references, makes job offers, and initiates required data entry and paperwork to activate employment of new hires.
4. Utilizes automated applicant tracking system to track employment applications, develop reports, conduct analyses, and make appropriate recommendations.
5. Participates and assists with new hire orientation, assisting with preparation of new hire packets, welcome packets, and responding to new hire questions regarding Human Resources and employment at AACPS. Enters transactional data into the Human Resource Information System (HRIS).
6. Demonstrates excellent customer service focus through personal interactions.
7. Types and distributes reports, letters, forms, lists, newsletters, memoranda, agenda, schedules, and/or other documents.
8. Operates and maintains standard office machines and equipment, such as facsimile (FAX) and duplicating copy equipment.
9. Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to handling applicant and employee records/personal data.
10. Ability to work extended hours during the summer.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· High School Diploma or Equivalency Certificate. Graduation from an accredited college or university with specialization in human resources or other related field is preferred.
· Recent experience that includes at least one (1) year of successful general office or human resources experience, preferably with recruiting experience, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience deemed sufficient to prepare the applicant to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Excellent project management skills and ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Excellent organizational, analytical, and planning skills as demonstrated by previous work experience. Results-oriented and ability to make data-driven decisions.
· Knowledge of federal and/or state legislation/regulations as pertains to areas of responsibility.
· Excellent Human Relations Skills.
· Knowledge of proper and effective interviewing techniques and the ability to assess the qualifications and suitability of applicants to meet staffing needs.
· Engaging and highly driven with an action orientation and a positive, can-do personal approach
· Knowledge of and experience in effective human resources practices.
· Proficiency with database management software systems, spreadsheet applications, data file manipulation, document preparation, and word processing applications and programs (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint and Crystal).
· Knowledge of and experience with automated Human Resources Information Systems and electronic applicant tracking system.
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and function in an environment with changing priorities.
· Ability to travel to represent the school system at colleges and universities and career fairs, which may include evenings and weekends, on occasion.
· Possess a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license and have daily access to a car.
Career Ladder Requirements
· As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2902164|