TITLE: Early Childhood School / Guidance Counselor
Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in guidance and counseling and course work in psychology, test and measurement, sociology, and education
Hold or be eligible for Georgia Certificate in School Counseling (P-12)
Minimum of three (3) years of teaching experience is preferred
Utilizing leadership, advocacy, and collaboration, the school counselor will promote student success, provide preventive services, and respond to identified student needs by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses academic, career, and personal/social development for all students.
Facilitate delivery of counseling services by:
• Conducting individual counseling with students.
• Conducting group counseling with students in the areas of educational, career, and personal needs.
• Coordinating with local school staff to provide supportive instructional classroom activities that relate to student educational, career, and personal needs.
• Assisting with administration of standardized group testing.
• Ensuring that students receive appropriate career development assistance.
• Consult with school staff on student problems and concerns as needed or requested.
• Consult with parents on student problems and concerns as needed or as requested.
• Promote the use of community resources in meeting student needs.
• Engage in professional growth activities.
Follow professional practices consistent with local school and system policies by:
• Interacting in a professional manner with students, parents, and colleagues.
• Being available to students, parents, and colleagues in accordance with system policies.
• Facilitating home and school communication by such means as holding conferences, phone contacts, and sending written communications.
• Maintaining confidentiality of students, students’ records, parents, staff, and school business.
• Working cooperatively with school administrators, teachers, and other service personnel, and parents.
Act in a professional manner and shall assume responsibility for the guidance-counseling program by:
• Taking precautions to protect records, equipment, materials, and facilities.
• Assuming responsibility for supervising students in their charge.
• Provide to the students information for post-secondary plans, financial aid, and scholarship information.
• Plan and coordinate the advisement program for the school.
• Plan and coordinate the school testing program.
• Provide staff development for the school faculty in order to ensure an effective testing program.
• Evaluate transcripts and review records in order to advise students and faculty members about course selections and placement.
• Other duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment:
The School Counselor shall be employed by contract for a ten-month year. Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the system’s approved salary formula.
District Contact Person - Jon Jarvis, Director of Operations / Human Resources
Elbert County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, handicap, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment policies.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2900948|