TITLE: Bus Shop / Transportation Technician
REPORTS TO: Transportation Director and Bus Shop Supervisor
NATURE OF WORK:
To provide safe and efficient vehicles for the transportation of students and staff.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Minimum three (3) years successful experience as auto service worker preferred.
• Valid Georgia Class “B” CDL with P and S endorsements, and verification of an
acceptable seven (7) years driving record (may obtain within six (6) months of hire).
• Successful completion of driver’s training course meeting state and federal standards.
• Able to do heavy lifting and work at physically demanding tasks.
• Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and
• Schedules regular inspection of vehicles
• Diagnoses and repairs school system vehicles as needed, both in the shop and on the road
• Maintains inventory of needed materials for maintenance and repair of vehicles
• Drives a school bus route as needed
• Obeys all traffic laws and policies of the state and local BOE and operates vehicle in a safe and efficient manner
• Obeys all mandatory safety regulations for school buses and maintains all safety features of vehicles
• Completes legible and accurate reports as required by the system
• Notifies supervisor in case of mechanical failure or other problems
• Reports all accidents and completes required reports
• Assists in keeping the shop clean and safe
• Attends staff development sessions as scheduled by the Transportation Director
• Maintains a high level of attendance and punctuality
• Perform any other duties as assigned
TERMS of EMPLOYMENT: Bus mechanics shall be employed for a twelve-month year. Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the system’s approved salary formula.
Elbert County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, handicap, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment policies.
Contact Mark Cartledge @ 706-213-4027 for more information.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2900947|