Knowledge of the game of tennis, its rules and best practices for training and rills, and the desire to coach middle school athletes; understanding of proper safety precautions.
Coaches help students participating in sports work towards achieving their full potential. Coaches bring out ability by identifying needs and planning and implementing suitable training programs. Whatever the context, coaching involves developing the participants' physical and psychological fitness and providing the best possible practical conditions in order to maximize their performance. Coaches must be aware of their ethical and legal obligations to their clients.
- Evaluating performance and providing suitable feedback, balancing criticism with positive and motivating comments.
- Assessing strengths and weaknesses in a participant's performance and identifying areas for further development.
- Adapting to the needs and interests of group or individual participants.
- Communicating instructions and commands using clear, simple language.
- Demonstrating an activity by breaking the task down into a sequence.
- Encouraging participants to gain and develop skills, knowledge and techniques.
- Ensuring that participants train and perform to a high standard of health and safety at all times.
- Inspiring confidence and self-belief.
- Acting as a role model, gaining the respect and trust of the people you work with.
- Working to a high legal and ethical standard at all times, particularly in relation to issues such as child safeguarding and health and safety requirements.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2897812|