188 days - 7.5 hours per day
1. High school diploma, GED or equivalent life experience required.
2. Must hold and maintain both an Arizona Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
Class B (includes school bus, passenger and air brake endorsement) and Arizona
School Bus Driver’s Certificate (CPR, First Aid, exams and physical performance
tests specified in AAC R 17-7-102(D)
3. Must pass annual physical examinations and drug tests per Arizona Department of
Public Safety (ADPS) regulations.
4. Must complete bi-annual refresher training as required by ADPS regulations.
5. Must be able to work harmoniously with community members, certified and
classified staff, and students.
6. Must be able to communicate adequately orally and in writing to properly attend
to disciplinary matters.
7. Must be able to perform a variety of bending and lifting operations such as lifting
30 pounds overhead to move/remove emergency equipment aboard the bus, reach
under seats and kneel to clean the bus and climb out of the emergency exit(s) of
the bus which are approximately 4 feet above ground level.
Director of Transportation
To provide safe and efficient transportation so that students may enjoy the fullest
possible advantage from the District’s curriculum and extra-curricular programs.
1. Obeys all traffic laws.
2. Observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses and drivers.
3. Utilizes a variety of pupil management skills to maintain order abroad the bus.
4. Reports undisciplined students to the proper authority.
5. Adheres to established routes and times and recommends changes to routes and
stop locations as needed.
6. Keeps assigned bus clean and fueled.
7. Transports only authorized students.
8. Reports all accidents, mechanical breakdowns or delays of over 5 minutes to
supervisor immediately; completes reports as required.
9. Operates a variety of different equipment on paved and unpaved roads under
various conditions including extreme heat and noise.
10. Checks bus for mechanical defects prior to operation of same in accordance with
11. Performs other related duties as required by the supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Work year, salary and benefits as established by the Board.
Performance of this job shall be evaluated by the Director of Transportation in
accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of classified personnel.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2893559|