The Custodian is responsible for performing custodial work as required in and around school buildings; maintaining clean, safe and efficient educational facility. Reports to supervisor any condition beyond the employee's control.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY:
The Bellevue School District is committed to a diverse workforce representative of our students, one that embraces and models cultural competency as an international community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
• Sweeps, mops, scrubs, seals, finishes floors; dusts furniture and equipment; empties and clean pencil sharpeners, wastebaskets; polishes furniture and fixtures, washes windows, vacuums carpets, curtains, blinds and furniture; shampoos carpets;
• Cleans and disinfects restrooms, keeps them supplied with paper towels, and soap;
• Cleans assigned offices/classrooms;
• Moves furniture and equipment; arranges tables and chairs for special events;
• Collects and disposes of garbage and trash; cleans chalkboards and erasers; shovels snow, sweeps and washes walks, keeps grounds clean, waters lawns and shrubbery;
• Performs minor maintenance repairs such as unstopping sinks, replacing burned out light bulbs and tubes, replaces faucet washers;
• Secures building by locking doors, closing windows, turning off lights, exhaust fans and other equipment and setting alarms;
• Assists staff and community groups;
• Performs other related work as required by the conditions of the facility or as requested by the building manager and/or chief night or head day custodian.
• Reports to and is directly supervised by Building Administrator and Custodial Manager and/or Custodial Supervisor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):
• High school diploma/GED or strong evidence of reading, writing and communication skills;
• Two (2) years of verifiable, paid commercial building custodial experience required.
• One year of public school experience.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (positions in this class typically require):
KNOWLEDGE (position requirements at entry):
• Plant equipment maintenance;
• Cleaning methods;
• Safety practices;
• Equipment and supplies.
SKILLS (position requirements at entry):
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing and to understand oral and written directions within the scope of job responsibilities;
• Ability to maintain a close and highly responsive relationship to the requirements of the building manager and/or head custodian and operations lead personnel;
• Ability to operate hand and power cleaning and polishing equipment;
• Ability to handle fragile items carefully;
• Ability to practice safety precautions;
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs independently and over 50 lbs with assistance;
• Ability to do sustained physical work;
• Ability to move with agility;
• Ability to work while standing on a stepladder;
• Ability to maintain good public relations by demonstrating a positive and willing attitude in dealing with staff and community;
• Ability to work different shift times as required throughout the year;
• Ability to perform minor maintenance and repair work;
• Ability to perform all duties in accordance with applicable Board policies and District and legal requirements;
• Ability to meet and maintain punctuality and attendance expectations.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of forces constantly to move objects..
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, chemicals, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, workspace restrictions, and intense noises..
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Operating Engineers Salary Classification Custodian ($ 18.93 - $ 19.93 per hour) 8 hours per day, for a 260 day annual assignment.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement requiring a membership or representation fee as an ongoing condition of continued employment after an individual is hired.Benefits include retirement, medical, dental, vacation, holidays, and other benefits according to Board policy
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Verification of identity and United States work authorization must be completed. The successful candidate for this position must be fingerprinted. Employment is contingent upon clearance by Washington State Patrol and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Bellevue School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Title IX Coordinator: Jeff Lowell, 425-456-4010 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Section 504/ADA Coordinator: Heather Edlund, 425-456-4156 or email@example.com; Civil Rights/Nondiscrimination Compliance Coordinator Alexa Allman 425-456-4040 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Address for all three: 12111 NE 1st St., Bellevue, WA 98005.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2890792|