1.Valid State Teacher Certification Granted by the Professional Teaching Standards Board
2.Bachelor’s Degree with major or minor in Physical Education
3.For those teachers with specific coaching assignments, physical stamina and skill, and endorsed in specific coaching area.
REPORTS TO:Building Principal JOB
GOAL: To develop in each pupil an understanding of the relationship of good body function and exercise; to motivate each pupil to cultivate physical fitness, hygienic habits, and good social and emotional adjustment; to discover and develop talents of pupils in physical achievement; to develop strength, skill, agility, poise, and coordination in individual, dual, and team physical activities and sports, in accordance with each pupil’s ability.
1.Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance, and individual, dual, or team sports, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
3.Works cooperatively with other physical education teachers in planning a balanced physical education program.
4. Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge’s, and strategies of formal sports, games rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
5. Provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil, to the extent feasible.
6.May teach Physical Education classes for handicapped pupils, interscholastic athletics, or drill team to senior high pupils.
7. Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to insure the over all safety of pupils.
8. Maintains control of storage and use of school owned property.
9. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
10.Evaluates each pupil’s growth in physical skills, knowledge, and contribution in team sports.
11. Maintains professional competence through in service education activities provided by the district, and/or in self selected professional growth activities.
12. Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which he/she will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines.
13. Selects and requisitions uniforms, equipment, and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
14. Communicates with parents and school counselors on pupil progress.
15. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in helping pupils solve health, attitude
and learning problems.
16. Supervises pupils in out of classroom activities during the assigned work day.
17. Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
18. Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
19. Performs other duties as many, from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.
Harrisonburg City Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2890764|