This position is posted in order to create a pool of candidates to fill positions as they become available. Those selected for Summer Program positions will be notified by mail.
Title I Extended Year Teacher - Temporary
Office of Compensatory Education
Reports To (title only)
Current as of
Title I Extended Learning Liaison
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
The Extended Year Teacher provides instruction for students receiving Extended Year services. Teachers must possess the ability to create a positive and encouraging learning environment for all students. Teachers must demonstrate the ability to analyze data and provide differentiated instruction in the content areas of reading and math to meet the needs of all learners in the classroom.
The program dates are Monday through Thursday, July 2 - August 2, 2018. July 2 and July 3 are for professional development and planning. July 9 - August 3 are instructional days. Program times will be determined after transportation has been put into place for each site. Acceptance of a summer position requires the applicant to report to work for the entire program.
Title I Extended Year staff must commit to being present for the entire program including all in-service days, work days, and instructional days.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Attend and participate in mandatory in-services and preparation days
2. Set-up an attractive and inviting classroom with interesting bulletin boards that promote learning
3. Administer and analyze pre/post assessments as well as keep copies for documentation
4. Utilize planning time to gather/prepare instructional activities and materials for students
5. Provide daily instruction in guided reading, Interactive Read Aloud, and mathematics
6. Provide differentiated instruction based on individual student need
7. Monitor students during breakfast and lunch
8. Assist with a safe and orderly arrival and dismissal of students
9. Maintain records: complete required planning templates, attendance, assessment/performance data, and home to school communication sheets
10. Perform additional duties as specified by the Site Facilitator and the Office of Compensatory Education
11. Inventory and return instructional materials
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Teacher Certification in Early Childhood and/or Elementary Education as required by Maryland State Dept. of Education
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Working knowledge of Anne Arundel County reading and math initiatives
· Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
· Skills to employ a variety of teaching styles to meet the needs of diverse learners
· See Education
Career Ladder Requirements
· As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2890373|