This position is posted in order to create a pool of candidates to fill positions as they become available. Those selected for Summer Program positions will be notified by mail.
Title I Extended Year Bilingual Teacher Assistant - Temporary
Office of Compensatory Education
Reports To (title only)
Current as of
Title I Extended Learning Liaison
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
The Extended Year Bilingual Facilitator will assist the Site Director and teachers with communicating to parents throughout the Extended Year program. Bilingual facilitators will be expected to translate student reports and flyers for events. The position also requires the bilingual facilitator to interpret for the instructional staff at the various sites. They help maintain a safe and orderly environment during student arrival/dismissal and breakfast/lunch periods.
The program dates are Monday through Thursday, July 2 - August 2, 2018. July 2 and July 3 are for professional development and planning. July 9 - August 3 are instructional days. Program times will be determined after transportation has been put into place for each site. Acceptance of a summer position requires the applicant to report to work for the entire program.
Title I Extended Year staff must commit to being present for the entire program including all in-service days, work days, and instructional days.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Attend and participate in mandatory in-services and preparation days
2. Inventory and distribute all materials to classroom teachers
3. Assist with breakfast, lunch and safe and orderly arrival and dismissal of students
4. Call parents/guardians with reminds of the start of summer school as well as for student absences throughout the program
5. Translate parent communication documents for the summer program
6. Assist Site Director with maintaining documentation and program binders
7. Willingness to extend interpreting and translating to additional summer school sites
8. Assist teachers with special projects as assigned by Site Director
9. Assist with the collection and inventory of all materials at the end of the program
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· High School Diploma or Equivalency Certificate.
· Bilingual Facilitator during the school year
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Fluently speak and write in foreign language in which you apply
Career Ladder Requirements
· As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2890372|