This position is posted in order to create a pool of candidates to fill positions as they become available. Those selected for Summer Program positions will be notified by mail.
Title I Extended Year Site Facilitator - Temporary
Office of Compensatory Education
Reports To (title only)
Current as of
Title I Extended Learning Liaison
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
The Title I Extended Year Site Facilitator is responsible for overseeing the effectiveness of the Extended Year program at a summer site.
The program dates are Monday through Thursday, July 2 - August 2, 2018. July 2 and July 3 are for professional development and planning. July 9 - August 3 are instructional days. Program times will be determined after transportation has been put into place for each site. Acceptance of a summer position requires the applicant to report to work for the entire program.
Title I Extended Year staff must commit to being present for the entire program including all in-service days, work days, and instructional days.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Supervises lead teacher, teachers, instructional assistants, and additional staff supporting the instruction of students
2. Supervises and provides a safe and orderly environment for all learners
3. Provides professional development in regards to a positive, safe and orderly school climate
4. Determine the logistics of the program: location of class and procedure for arrival, dismissal, breakfast, and lunch
5. Complies with the Title I Extended Year vision for the program
6. Establishes an effective working relationship with staff, students, and parents to ensure a positive school climate
7. Develops a collaborative working relationship with the host site's staff
8. Communicates effectively with parents about the program and student participation
9. Provides pertinent information about students to the instructional staff
10. Establishes schedules
11. Monitor the effectiveness of the program through teacher lesson plans, parent feedback, and professional develop needs
12. Follows due process in resolving student discipline concerns
13. Communicates to parents through student reports to discuss academic progress
14. Maintain and organize documentation required by Title I
15. Inventory, organize, and distribute instructional materials
16. Create & implement a meaningful parent and family engagement workshop to build capacity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Teacher Certification in Education as required by Maryland Department of Education
· Site Director for Extended Day or Extended Week or Title I Summer Extended Learning Programs
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Excellent writing, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
· Demonstrates leadership skills
· Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
· Understanding of Anne Arundel County initiatives in reading and math
· Administrative certification or work towards administrative certification preferred, not required
Career Ladder Requirements
· As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2890371|