POSITION TITLE: Paraprofessional - Special Education Alternative Curriculum (ACP)
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Regular work attendance is essential.
• Evidence of good mental and physical health.
• Training in health care related field helpful.
• Follow written and oral directions to carry out educational programs of students.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Reports to: Building Principal
Work Schedule: 183 duty days per year (10 month)
Salary Schedule: $13.04 per hour/full time
Hours to Work: 7.0 hours per day, Monday - Friday
• Assist classroom teacher to carry out educational programs for mentally & physicially handicapped students.
• Assist or directly carry out educational activities designed by teacher and support personnel; i.e., Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist and Speech Language Therapist.
• Maintain immaculate cleanliness standards in classrooms and restrooms.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, and be able to adapt to the physical demands of this position.
• Help prepare instructional materials required for classrooms.
• Assist students transported in vans.
• Record information on data sheets.
• Carry out behavior programs as planned by professional staff.
• Ability to physically lift a student, participate in a two-person lift or operate a hoyer lift.
• Assist or directly carry out educational activities designed by teacher and support personnel; i.e.,OT,PT,Speech Pathologist, etc
• Assist students with toileting needs and diaper changing.
• Carry out self-care programs with students including feeding, tooth brushing and grooming.
• Ability to assist students in completion of a wide range of academic subjects and levels.
• Maintain good interpersonal relations with peers and a wide variety of professional staff affiliated with program.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Interact/communicate with students as directed by professional staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2890308|