1. Bachelor’s degree or higher from a recognized, accredited college or university.
2. Valid teaching certificate appropriate for secondary music.
3. Knowledge of current concert band techniques. High School Directors should also have knowledge of current marching techniques.
4. Demonstrates skills in leading, motivating, and cooperating with students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
5. Strong communication skills.
6. Knowledge of T.M.E.A. and U.I.L. rules and procedures.
7. For Head Director applicants, demonstrate ability to grow and maintain a large, successful band program in a public school setting.
8. For Head Director applicants, minimum of three years of experience as a secondary public school director.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Probationary/Term Contract: 187 days
Pay Grade T60 (Teacher Classification) as approved by the Board of Trustees
Additional stipend as approved
1. Recruit and retain students in the band program.
2. Teach appropriate instrument pedagogy and ensemble skills for student success.
3. Prepare individual students for success at individual auditions and competitions.
4. Collaborate with building Fine Arts staff and vertical staff.
5. Maintain emotional control under stress.
6. Demonstrate professional, ethical, and responsible behavior.
7. Maintain confidentiality.
8. Work frequent prolonged and irregular hours.
9. Collaborate in preparation of Non-Varsity and Varsity Ensembles for successful performances and competitions.
10. Teach and supervise marching band at High School level.
11. Head Directors will be expected to mentor and train assistant director(s) when appropriate.
12. Head Directors will be expected to manage the budget, fund raising, private lesson program, library, inventory, and instrumentation of program (where applicable).
13. Head Directors provide supervisory leadership of all components of the band program including marching band, concert band, solo, ensemble, drumline and color guard.
14. Head Directors design and coordinate competitive marching band show at High School level.
15. Head Directors will be expected to work with booster club (when applicable) to implement approved goals.
16. Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function
1. Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
2. Posture: Prolonged standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
3. Motion: Frequent walking
4. Lifting: Regular moderate lifting and carrying (15–44 pounds); may lift and move musical instruments
5. Environment: High School Head Directors will have frequent exposure to sun, heat, cold and be expected to work outside. Frequent exposure to noise.
6. Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours; frequent travel and frequent travel by school bus.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Applications will be reviewed
Not all applicants will be interviewed
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.
BECOME A TEACHER IN TEXAS:
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2888437|