· Teaches skills in music appreciation, harmony, and explorations in music, and in instrumental music
· Oversees the district's instrumental music program in grades 6-12
· Plans and executes a balanced musical band program in grades 6-12 and organizes daily class time
· Provides individual and small-group instruction when necessary to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil
· Uses a wide repertoire of music appropriate for the age and skill levels of students taught
· Maintains school-owned equipment and controls the storage of such equipment
· Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment during practice, rehearsals, and performances.
· Plans, rehearses, and directs students in band performance shows for school and community
· Selects and requisitions books, musical instruments, and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records
· Communicates effectively with parents and school counselors on pupil progress
· Develops show material, rehearses, and performs in band competitions annually
· Supports and provides student course elective opportunities such as jazz ensemble, steel drums, or comparable offerings
· Provides technical assistance when necessary in technological areas of lighting, sound, etc.
· Prepares students to participate and perform at such activities as local parades, marching contests (in-state and out-of-state), concert festivals, and athletic events (football home and away games) as well as special community functions
· Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities
· Participates in faculty related activities as expected by the school and/or district administration
· Maintains professional competence through in-service education provided by the district and self-selected professional growth activities
· Establish a strong rapport with community through high visibility and good communication
· Establishes a strong supportive culture of parent and community involvement
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2887724|