This position is responsible for teaching Chinese courses to students in Grades 6-12.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY:
The Bellevue School District is committed to a diverse workforce representative of our students, one that embraces and models cultural competency as an international community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
• Chinese language instruction 90%-100% of the instructional day.
• Advise co-curricular clubs and activities.
• Teachers will center instruction on high expectations for student achievement by establishing a culture for learning, providing clear communication with students and engaging students in learning.
• Teachers will demonstrate effective teaching practices through use of effective questioning and discussion techniques and reflection on teaching.
• Teachers will recognize individual student learning needs and develop strategies to address those needs. This will be demonstrated through knowledge of students and demonstrating flexibility and responsiveness.
• Teachers will provide clear and intentional focus on subject matter content and curriculum through knowledge of content and pedagogy, setting instructional outcomes, knowledge of resources and designing coherent instruction.
• Teachers will foster and manage a safe, positive learning environment through creating an environment of respect and rapport, managing classroom procedures, student behavior and organizing a safe physical space for student learning.
• Teachers will use multiple student data elements to modify instruction and improve student learning. Teachers will design student assessments, use assessment in instruction, and maintain accurate student records.
• Teachers will communicate and collaborate with parents and the school community through effective and ongoing communication.
• Teachers will exhibit collaborative and collegial practices focused on improving instructional practice and student learning.
• Teachers will participate in a professional community, expected to grow and develop professionally and demonstrate professionalism.
• Teachers will annually establish student growth goals to ensure student growth over time.
• Direct the activities of assigned non-certificated personnel.
• Attend or participate in all required staff meetings and other activities deemed necessary by the District and/or building principal, in order to accomplish the objectives of the position and for professional development.
• Participate in site-based decision-making processes.
• Reports directly to and is supervised by the Building Administrator.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class typically require)
• Possess or qualify for immediate issuance of a valid Washington State teaching certificate with an endorsement in Chinese.
• Experience in extensive travel, study, and/or residence in a Chinese-speaking country, preferred.
• Literate in Chinese, preferred.
• Experience teaching at the secondary level.
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry)
• Knowledge of Bellevue School District's curriculum and instructional practices such as teacher-directed instruction, literature-based reading, problem-based learning, math problem-solving and use of math manipulatives, cooperative learning, and integrated curriculum.
• Knowledge of and/or experience with instruction using sound research-based instruction, best practices and pedagogy.
SKILLS: (position requirements at entry)
• Ability to teach all levels of Chinese including Advanced Placement.
• Commitment to the District's vision, mission and goals.
• Demonstrates a commitment to equity through culturally relevant teaching practices through the design and implementation of instruction and high expectations for all students.
• Provides high quality instruction through knowledge of differentiated instructional practices and data-driven instructional decision-making.
• Ability and skills necessary to individualize instruction. Commitment and ability to work with a full range of students including gifted, mainstreamed special education, English language learners, and students from diverse cultural and social backgrounds.
• Ability to develop students’ technology literacy.
• Ability to work in a collaborative or team approach.
• Ability to communicate effectively, professionally, collaboratively and positively with students, parents, and colleagues, orally and in writing.
• Ability to work with students in multi-aged groups.
• Ability to use varied assessments, including performance tasks, portfolios, and student self-assessment.
• Attends ongoing professional development activities, such as college course work, professional associations, workshops, and in-service opportunities.
• Exhibits a strong and positive attitude with the belief that each student can be taught and has the right and capacity to achieve personal academic excellence.
• Ability to perform all duties in accordance with applicable Board policies and district and legal requirements;
• Ability to meet and maintain punctuality and attendance expectations.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions. This position may be exposed to prolonged exposure to visual display terminals as required.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, chemicals, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, workspace restrictions, and intense noises.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a general posting for one or more Teaching positions. Positions may be full or part-time and will be filled as specific openings are identified.
Certificated staff work the school year contract with placement on the District and BEA bargaining agreement salary schedule. Placement on the schedule is determined by training and experience. Benefits include retirement, medical, dental and other benefits, according to Board policy and contract specifications.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Verification of identity and United States work authorization must be completed. The successful candidate for this position must be fingerprinted. Employment is contingent upon clearance by Washington State Patrol and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Bellevue School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Title IX Coordinator: Jeff Lowell, 425-456-4010 or email@example.com; Section 504/ADA Coordinator: Heather Edlund, 425-456-4156 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Civil Rights/Nondiscrimination Compliance Coordinator Alexa Allman 425-456-4040 or email@example.com. Address for all three: 12111 NE 1st St., Bellevue, WA 98005.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2884397|