PAY GRADE: CIT 5, 6, or 7
DEPARTMENT: Special Student Services
SALARY SCHEDULE: Teacher
REPORTS TO: Principal
WORK DAYS: 190 Days
JOB CODE: 480B
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Identifies and provides services to students who meet eligibility requirements for the speech-language program; communicates with professionals and parents regarding integration of speech and language goals into the classroom and home environments.
1. Education Level: Master Degree required
2. Certification/License Required: Valid Georgia Teaching Certificate (SLP S5)
3. Experience: None
4. Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities
5. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Written and oral communication, planning, organization
The Board of Education and the Superintendent may accept alternatives to some of the
1. Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
2. Evaluates communication skills of students referred and diagnoses speech and/or language disorders.
3. Assures placement of students in the speech-language program and develops and implements speech-language goals/objectives on individualized education plans according to established due process procedures.
4. Conducts and/or participates in IEP meetings.
5. Schedules students appropriately.
6. Provides consultative services to teachers, parents, administrators, and allied agencies in order to integrate speech-language goals into the classroom, other educational programs, and the home environment.
7. Reports and maintains student data to assess progress and continuation or termination of services.
8. Complies with State and System regulations regarding due process paperwork and Medicaid documentation.
9. Refers to other agencies and/or personnel when appropriate.
10. Investigates and uses new strategies for delivering student services.
11. Participates in professional learning opportunities provided.
12. Participates with school administrators/coordinators for effective planning, coordination, and implementation of speech-language program into total educational system.
13. Participates in RTI process at local school level as needed.
14. Reports information required for local, state, and federal programs.
15. Maintains special education records for SI students at local school.
16. Maintains prompt and professional communication with parents.
17. Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator
This is .6 preschool therapist
Estimated Start Date: 01/02/2018
Access Salary Schedules
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2873525|