The position of Head Coach is responsible for assuring that all assistants (contracted or volunteer), as well as him/herself, know the rules of the Washington Interscholastic Athletic Association (WIAA), KINGCO Conference and the Bellevue School District policies.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY:
The Bellevue School District is committed to a diverse workforce representative of our students, one that embraces and models cultural competency as an international community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
• Has responsibility and leadership for overall supervision of his/her program at all levels
• Organizes his/her program so that it is consistent with the district and high school philosophy, goals and objectives.
• Has the main responsibility for striving to build good sportsmanship and developing good public relations in the school and community.
• Follows all rules, policies and procedures of the League, District, and school.
• Prepares public information releases regarding his/her particular sport.
• Comply with WIAA coaching clock hour program.
• Keeps abreast of new knowledge, ideas and techniques relating to his or her sport.
• Assists the Athletic Director in the coordination of scheduling events for the sport (usually non-league contests and tournaments).
• Is responsible for drafting and submitting a budget for his/her sport and following rules and procedures for incurring and tracking expenditures and revenues.
• Is responsible for practice sessions for his/her sport within the confines of the time(s) agreed upon by the head coach and Athletic Director.
• This time will include the supervision of the locker room.
• Is responsible for keeping records for and from the Athletic Director and/or principal.
• Is responsible for attending all meetings (district and league) pertaining to his/her sport.
• Is responsible for the general health and welfare and safety of athletes.
• Is aware of all safety procedures necessary for their specific sport and relays these procedures to the assistant coaches, athletes and parents.
• Administers a student interest survey/evaluation at the conclusion of the season and gives the surveys and the results of the survey to the Athletic Director.
• Writes an annual report at the end of the season that evaluates his/her program and makes recommendations for improvement.
• Is responsible for conducting and filing an Assistant Coach’s Evaluation.
• Is in charge of assignments and duties of the assistant coaches (volunteer and contracted) working with his/her sport.
• Is responsible for assuring that all rules, procedures and policies are followed.
• Is responsible for the general upkeep, protection, distribution, collection and inventory of all equipment.
• Is responsible for the appropriate use of school facilities and property.
• The Head Coach or designee must organize, direct, and supervise practice sessions and dressing room facilities any time they are being used by his/her team members.
• The Head Coach must ride the bus to/from all events and follow rules governing in and out-of-state travel.
• Reports to and is directly supervised by the Athletic Director.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Must be at least 19 years of age.
• Hold a current first aid and CPR card, proof of valid first aid and CPR cards must be provided prior to job offer.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (positions in this class typically require):
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
May work outdoors in inclement weather. May require physical mobility to move through a school campus, including up and down stairs and inside and outside.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
2017-18 Athletic Salary Schedule $ 4,928.00 - $ 6,160.00 (dependent upon experience) for the season.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Verification of identity and United States work authorization must be completed. The successful candidate for this position must be fingerprinted. Employment is contingent upon clearance by Washington State Patrol and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Bellevue School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Title IX Coordinator: Jeff Lowell, 425-456-4010 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Section 504/ADA Coordinator: Heather Edlund, 425-456-4156 or email@example.com; Civil Rights/Nondiscrimination Compliance Coordinator Alexa Allman 425-456-4040 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Address for all three: 12111 NE 1st St., Bellevue, WA 98005.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2873434|