VICKSBURG WARREN SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER
2 POSITIONS AVAILABLE - VARIOUS SCHOOLS WITHIN THE DISTRICT
(1) High School diploma or equivalent.
(2) Hold a valid MS driver’s license.
(3) Completed the minimum requirements of law enforcement training including certification by the Mississippi Department of Education as a school SRO.
(4) Completion of the MS Police Academy Training with CPR certification.
(5) Three years of experience in law enforcement
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Applicant must have the ability to provide quality educational services in the area of law enforcement. Applicants educational background, experience, interest level and communication skills must allow for
effective and accurate resource teaching services. The ability to communicate with juvenile authorities and other governmental agencies regarding situations dealing with school youth. Must have the knowledge and skills to conduct security inspections to ensure building security. Applicant must have the skills to assist in crisis planning and training for school personnel in crisis management.
Director of Safe Schools Program
STARTING SALARY $36,000.00
To prevent and/or minimize dangerous situations which might result in the event of student unrest by offering assistance to delinquency prone youths and their families in support of the Safe Schools/Healthy Students project goals.
1. Provide law enforcement and police services to the school, school grounds and areas
adjacent to the school. Investigate allegations of criminal incidents per police department policies and procedures. Enforce state and local laws and ordinances. Make appropriate referrals to juvenile authorities or other governmental agencies.
2. Work to prevent juvenile delinquency through close contact and positive relationships with students. In addition the SRO shall develop crime prevention programs and conduct security inspections to deter criminal or delinquent activities. The SRO should monitor crime statistics and work with local patrol officers and students together to design crime prevention strategies
3. Establish and maintain a close partnership with school administrators in order to provide for a safe school environment. Assist school officials with their efforts to enforce Board Of Education policies and procedures. Ensure school administrator safety by being present during school searches, which may involve weapons, controlled dangerous substances or in such cases that, the student’s emotional state may present a risk to the administrator. Assist school administrators in emergency crisis planning and building security matters. Provide a course of training for school personnel in handling crisis situations, which may arise at the school.
4. Be visible within the school community. Attend and participate in school functions. Build working relationships with the school’s staff as well as with student and parent groups as part of the SS/HS project.
5. Work with guidance counselors and other student support staff to assist students and to provide services to students involved in situations where referrals to service agencies are necessary. Assist in conflict resolution efforts.
6. Initiate interaction with students in the classroom and general areas of the school building. Promote the profession of police officer and be a positive role model. Increase the visibility and accessibility of police to the school community.
7. Participate in the delivery of evidence-based curricula in support of the SS/HS project.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2873266|