POSITION TITLE: Paraprofessional PAC Room Facilitator
• Minimum of an Associate's degree, or 48 Semester/72 Quarter college credit hours, or successful completion of the Para Professional Assessment Test.
• Demonstrated skills pertinent to positive human relations and the ability to work effectively with staff, students, parents and administration.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Exemplary oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to use a computers, related technologies and e-mail.
• Experience working with high risk or at-risk elementary students.
• Experience working in a multicultural, urban community with diverse population.
Location: Gomez Heritage Elementary School
Reports to: Building Principal
Work Schedule: 183 days
Salary Schedule: $12.42 per hour
Hours to Work: 7.0 hours per day
• Participate in PAC training procedures and attend scheduled meetings/in-services.
• Record data for factual documentation, accountability and evaluation purposes.
• Carry out an integral part of Excels Plus which deals with PAC rooms.
• Maintain a caring and instructional climate by providing students with a positive neutral environment to learn responsibility.
• Employ re-teaching opportunities with a variety of prevention and intervention strategies.
• Build confidence in the student’s ability to apply skills they have learned to real life situations by accepting logical consequences, providing students time to evaluate problem solving strategies and assisting students with realistic goals to develop a productive plan for success.
• Communicate with PAC program administrator/trainers, principal, staff, students and parents.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2873080|