Rocky Mount Prep is a public charter school with more than 1,200 scholars in grades K-12 in Rocky Mount, N.C., an hour east of Raleigh in the Eastern North Carolina Teach for America zone. Our diverse student body includes 73 percent of scholars who are eligible for free-and-reduced lunch.
Our mission as a college-prep school is to inspire scholars of all backgrounds to learn with passion, lead with confidence, and live with character so they will achieve their dreams for college, career, and life. We use proven and evidence-based mastery learning practices from leading experts, including Doug Lemov, Lee Cantor, E.D. Hirsch, and others, as well as leading charter schools such as Uncommon Schools, Achievement First, KIPP, Mastery, Rocketship, Carpe Diem, Summit and others.
Why Work For Us?
• To focus relentlessly on our mission to make a difference by closing the achievement gap for economically disadvantaged scholars, developing their character and potential
• To join a team that is like a family, fully committed to putting the needs of scholars before adults with strong supports setting you up to succeed
• To continuously improve your teaching practice through frequent coaching, personal learning and professional growth
• To help us rethink how school is done, blending the best of teaching and technology to accelerate the growth of learning
• To participate in education reform by working in a public charter school that is a school of choice, accountable to the state and parents but free from many traditional regulations
About The Job
Rocky Mount Prep seeks mission-driven teachers with strong content knowledge who want to be the best. Teachers in all grades specialize in their subject area, teaching the same subject to different groups as students rotate between classes. We provide intensive training and professional development two weeks prior to school and every Friday afternoon from 2-4 p.m. School leaders and deans provide frequent coaching and feedback. Core Knowledge provides the foundation of our curriculum, and we use blended learning in all grade levels.
Skills We Look For
• Strong instructional skills and classroom management
• Demonstrated mastery of content area
• Unyielding commitment to students, self and school’s constant learning and development
• A positive attitude with a willingness to do “whatever it takes” to ensure success
• Team player
• Excellent communication skills
• Highly organized
• Belief in our mission, educational model, and Core Values
• Maturity, humility, strong work ethic and sense of humor
Preferred Experience and Educational Background
• Two years of teaching experience with a record of high student achievement
• Bachelors degree from a competitive college or university with a concentraton in Mathematics
• Willingness to seek certification if not already certified
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2870833|